FireFly is a laboratory analytical instrument specialized in rapid multi-elemental analysis and chemical imaging.
Limits of Detection
and depth profiling
100 x 100 mm
Low operational costs
Wide range of elements
Including Li, Be, Mg, Na, N, C
Meet the FireFly
Due to the flexibility and capability of the LIBS technique, the potential applications of the FireFly are numerous.
Whether you want to check few spots dispersed on the sample or perform large area scan, FireFly has a right tool.
Schedule a series of spots and start the measurements at once.
Scan the are to visualise concentrations of multiple elements.
Scan along the line, boundary or vein by drawing a polygonial line.
For each spot, a total number of laser pulses and measurements can be set. Resulting group of spectra from each spot can be used for:
- Accumulation for improving the signal to noise ratio thus improving the limits of detection.
- Multi-layer depth analysis to determine elemental composition of individual depth layers of the material.
Single map scan collects complete analytical data about the elemental composition. Creating the map for any present element is a matter of moment.
Up to 100×100 mm2
Up to 100 Hz, full UV-NIR range spectra
10 µm minimal, 30–100 µm typical
1 square cm in 8 minutes*, 50 µm step size = 512 DPI.
Maps can be exported in fast native Lightigo file format and further processed in Lightigo ImageLab – an advanced multisensor imaging tool for processing and analyzing chemical maps and hyperspectral images based on EPINA ImageLab.
Overview of Features
- Data processing – arithmetic operations, data corrections, denoising, smoothing, …
- Multivariate statistical methods – PCA, Cluster Analysis, SIMAP, PLS/DA, RDF, VCA, MNF
- Image analysis – multisensor imaging, interpolation, regression, variance map, signal distribution analysis, …
- Data visualization – combining with photos, image fusions, 3d surfaces, flexible mask editor, …
- Cleans the sample to avoid „smearing“ of the signal to surrounding spots on the chemical map.
- Creates local inert gas atmosphere to significantly improve the limits of detection.
- Extracts potentially toxic vapors of laser ablation
- Keeps the optomechanical components clean.
Lasers, spectrometers, and detectors are the core components of every LIBS system.
There are multiple configurations of which we always select the optimal one based on customers’ requirements.
DPSS Nd:YAG pulsed laser is used for inducing the plasma.
- Modern and efficient Diode-Pumping (DPSS).
- Longer life-time, and better stability compared to the traditional FPSS lasers.
- Effeciency of the DPSS results in a lower power consumption, quite run, and simple air cooling.
- 24/7 operation capability.
- Motorized pulse regulation, energy meter and wavelength conversion is available.
Plasma radiation is captured by the UV-NIR collecting optics and spectrally decomposed by the spectrometer.
- Compact multichannel Czerny-Turner spectrometers.
- High-performance Echelle spectrometers.
Radiation is captured by the detector and converted into the spectra.
- Basic CMOS detectors.
- Advanced sCMOS or EMCCD detectors.
- Specialized intensified sCMOS/CCD detectors
It is possible to differentiate individual users. Different roles has different rights in control software.
Various system configuration can be saved and loaded thus easily used next-time.
Initial measurement of standard highly homogenized sample is used to track and visualise system performance.
Step-by-step guides for most common measurement scenarios.
Activity of the user is automatically recorder, can be browsed and exported.
Internal synchronization clock can be synchronized both IN and OUT to external instruments utilizing TTL pulses and BNC connectors.
Every obstacle counts
when analyzing for hours …
We are aware of this, so we have put our effort to design an efficient and comfortable work position with easy chamber/sample access.
- A spacious front window enables one to observe the interaction area and laser ablation from the front.
- Side windows enable the user to see into the chamber while sitting in front of PC.
- The Chamber door handle is perfectly accessible directly from the PC. Just extend your arm and open the wide chamber door to comfortably handle the sample.
Except for the optional Dust Extraction Module, every component is integrated inside the housing. No mess around the workstation!
Operator’s desk is available as an option.
Get the best of your research!
Do you want to discuss your application, know more about the FireFly features or do you need a quotation?
In cas of any question, do not hesitate to contact us.
Get on the list!
From time to time we release some interesting news from our activities,
development, projects or products.
So stay in touch with us!